The moment words appear on the page, differences cease to exist -- all writers transcend time and space. Whether you're writing to escape your real life, to feel a sense of control over some aspect of your life, resolve bad feelings, define your beliefs, find meaning in some bad or sad or negative experience, share your passion, follow your heart writing becomes a Zen-like practice of calm and centering, balance and order, belief and trust, openness and heart.
In our fast-paced, crowded lives, one writer snatches waiting moments to connect to her writing while another methodically removes all interferences each for the express purpose of letting minds wander and daydream and of repetitiously writing one word after another.
Whatever best serves you, writing scenes at the same time in the same place every day or here and there and everywhere you can manage, keep going. Finish the draft you're writing all the way to the end. Then comes the fun part -- standing back from all those words and revising them into a satisfying and coherent story. That comes later. For now...
Today I write!
Need more help with your story?
- Ready for a massive rewrite? Re-vision first!
- Confused about what you're really trying to convey in your story?
- Lots of action, no character development? Lots of character development and no action?
- Looking for tips to prop up your middle with excitement?
- Wish you understood how to show don't tell what your character is feeling?
- Are even you sometimes bored with your own story?
- Long to form your concept into words?
We can help you with all of that and so much more! View your story in an entirely new light. Recharge your energy and enthusiasm for your writing.
1st video (43 minutes of direct instruction + exercises for your own individual story) FREE
PlotWriMo: Revise Your Novel in a Month includes 8 videos (5.5 hours) + 30 exercises totalFor more: Read my Plot Whisperer and Blockbuster Plots books for writers.