To demonstrate how to make a Plot Planner, I took inspiration from the young character in Chef, a wonderful feel-good movie, who made a "vine." I found the idea of taking little videos and making them into a bit bigger video a fun way to get a point across in one of those only-on-Youtube delightful ways (keep in mind, I have no idea what I was doing…).
My interpretation of a vine here and below, showing how to make a plot planner.
In How to Create a Plot Planner -- Part 2, a longer version with an actual logical sequence is coming.
Lots of examples of Plot Planners on Pinterest.
For more tips and tricks to pre-plotting and writing a novel in a month, check out my Plot Whisperer books:
1) The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories
2) The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master
3) The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing.
Today I write! Rather, today I pre-plot for NaNo!
To continue writing and revising:
- PlotWriMo: Revise Your Novel in a Month ~~ View your story in an entirely new light. Recharge your energy and enthusiasm for your writing. 8 videos (5.5 hours)+ 30 exercises
- How to Write a Sell a Picture Book with a Plot ~~ Picture books are without subplots allowing the primary plot lines to shine through. 7 videos + 28 exercises
- Advanced Picture Book Workshop ~~ for writers watching the series and looking for support with their individual story