27 January 2011

Three Key Scenes

There is the holy trinity in the Christian religion, the holy trinity as a culinary term in all sorts of cuisine and, I hope it is not sacrilege, the holy trinity in stories. Perhaps it's a bit wacky to use the term in plot... what can I say? 

The three cornerstone scenes in all novels, memoirs and screenplays are:
However, there is another trio that is my very favorite in the Universal Story because of the power these three scenes produce in stories and in our lives as writers and people.
I've been admonished for being a bit heavy-handed in these three videos. Please forgive me. My passion often overtakes me.

Click on green highlighted plot concepts for further explanations via video. Each time a concept is referenced you are directed to new information.