- The capacity to form a picture in your mind of something that you have not seen / experienced / isn't real
- The skill of thinking new things
- Creative ability
- Something that exists or happens in your mind
In today's world, we often use our imaginations to imagine the worst. We're dissuaded from being led by fancy and persuaded to follow reason. In fear of appearing childish, we overrule our imagination with logic.
Writers benefit from a vivid imagination. An inward journey takes you back, back before any wounding, all the way back to the imaginations of our innocence. Imagination opens us to embrace all choices, alternatives, solutions. Suddenly, we're surrounded by the miraculous.
If my 95-year old mother believed the vision of birds in a far-off nest impossible and improbable because of her macular degeneration, the vision disappears. That she has an openness to the impossible and amazing, astounding, remarkable, extraordinary, incredible, unbelievable, sensational, and even what could be viewed as highly improbable and extraordinary, she experiences a miracle. The blind seeing.
Swirling thoughts as I film the next exercise for:
Led by intuition, inspiration and enthusiasm, I wade deeper into the spiritual waters of creativity. Join me!
This is the year you start believing in miracles… again and, like my mom, daily live the wonder of birds fly to and fro a distant tree.
All Inclusive Special Offer
2015 Plot Whisperer Beta-Membership includes BOTH:
- A Spiritual Guide for Writers: How to Embrace the Infinite Wisdom of the Universal Story and Transform Your Own Unique Creative Expression the Plot Whisperer Way
For plot help and resources throughout the year:
1) The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories
2) The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master
3) The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing
Click for the New and Improved version PlotWriMo