1) Create a multi-faceted protagonist
3) Commit to the primary plot of your story – character driven/action driven/meaning driven/romance driven & use all of them for depth and meaning
4) Make her story goal important to others as well as to her
5) Pre-plot the 4 Energetic Markers as early as possible
6) Use antagonists capable of arousing emotion, tension and conflict on the page
7) Determine your story’s intention, the deeper meaning, what your story says about life
For more: Read my Plot Whisperer and Blockbuster Plots books for writers.