In January 2014, literary agent Jill Corcoran brings her expertise in publishing and I bring what I know about plot. The program is powered by an innovative interactive video chat platform that allows you to participate with us directly--as though you're in the same room (think Skype on steroids! Jill likes to say. I'll be trying it out for the first time right along with you.)
You'll have homework, time to share your plot concerns and ask questions live from the comfort of your own home. The workshops are limited to 8 writers.
The winner of the raffle for The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories is Terri Makolonda. Congratulations, Terri!
***For help writing the 2 toughest scenes of your story, join me from the comfort of your home for this 1 1/2hour plot webinar hosted by The Writers Store: Writing Strong Crisis and Climax Scenes: The Two Keys to Screenplays That Connect with Audiences (and Hollywood)
***Sign-up for the virtual Plot Whisperer Workbook Workshops beginning January 2014 to get you writing smarter and faster and more joyfully with a deeper understanding of plot.
Take the PLOTWRIMO Pre-Challenge:
You have 2 weeks, 3 days and 19 hours to get a draft written in time for PlotWriMo. Beginning December 1st, follow the exercises on the Plot Whisperer blog to re"vision" and redefine the plot arc of your story. PlotWriMo is custom designed to ensure your success even during the busiest time of the year.
Begin 2014 ready for a powerful rewrite.
The following resources support you in your pre-challenge:
1) Plot your story step-by-step with the help of The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories
2) Read The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master
named BEST BOOKS FOR WRITERS by Poets and Writers. The author provides insight on how to create works of fiction with powerful stories and focuses on how to devise a Universal Plot, plot lines and subplots, compelling scenes, and character transformation.
3) Refer to The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing for writing prompts for scene #1 to the very The End, one prompt at a time.
4) Watch the Plot Series: How Do I Plot a Novel, Memoir, Screenplay? on YouTube. Scroll down on the left of this post for a directory of all the steps to the series. 27-step tutorial on Youtube
5) Watch the Monday Morning Plot Book Group Series on YouTube. Scroll down on the right of this post for a directory the book examples and plot elements discussed.
For more tips about how to use plot and the Universal Story in your novel, memoir or screenplay, visit:
***** Knowing what to write where in a story with a plot reinforces daily writing practice and allows for more productivity in your writing. Whether writing a first draft or revising, if you falter wondering what comes next in a story with a plot, follow the prompts in The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing.
Today, I write.